WHAT ARE BAREFOOT SHOES?
Barefoot shoes have the following characteristics:
1. Flexibility: the feet are free to move and engage the ground naturally, preventing muscle immobility and atrophy
2. Thin sole: the sole of the shoe is thin and firm which allows for better proprioception and feedback from the ground
3. Minimal or zero heel-to-toe drop: this allows the feet to be in a neutral position which supports a healthy posture and puts less stress on the joints
4. Wide toe box: the toes are not compressed but have room to spread, leading to better balance
BENEFITS OF GOING BAREFOOT
Walking barefoot is the healthiest and most natural form of forward movement. Some of the positive effects are:
1.STRENGTH: helps re-develop the foot muscles that have become weak due to wearing shoes that restrict foot movement
2.BALANCE: Increases our sensory experiences of the ground beneath us, allowing the brain to develop new neural connections resulting in improved balance and stability
3.POSTURE: being barefoot places our bodies into a more natural alignment which often leads to a healthier posture and less strain on your joints
4.REFLEXOLOGY: walking barefoot on objects such as rocks stimulates pressure points in the feet that lead to improved energy, organ function, circulation etc..
Our feet are our foundation. We rely on them to carry us throughout each day. Therefore, it is essential that we keep them as healthy and happy as possible!! Going barefoot allows your feet to move freely and gives your foot muscles much needed exercise for a strong and sturdy base of support.
- Zero-drop, non-elevated sole for proper posture and balance.
- Adjustable hook-and-loop closure at instep for a more secure fit.
- Removable sockliner (insole) if you want a “more barefoot” feeling.
- A Wide toe box is flexible enough to let your feet bend, move, and flex the way.
- Note, if between sizes, order next size down.